How can we develop a more diverse and gender balanced music sector with a broader audience base?
How to create new opportunities for composers and promote contemporary music in the Nordic region and beyond?
Join us for an international conference exploring these questions in depth. Get knowledge and inspiration, share your ideas and engage in discussions with respected executives from the international music world, who will share their experiences and perspectives.
The conference is open to all, and is presented by the Nordic Culture Fund and the Council of Nordic Composers in collaboration with the Ultima Oslo Contemporary Music Festival on its opening day.
- When: 13th of September 2018 11:00-17:00
- Place: Sentralen/Forstanderskapssalen, Oslo
- Free entry and lunch, Registration required. (No-show fee 300 NOK)
- Register here before 30th of August
- Hanna Hartmann, Composer
- Susanna Eastburn, Chief Executive, Sound and Music, London
- Du Yun, composer and artistic director, Pan Asia Festival, New York
- Christos Carras, Executive Director, Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens
- Lene Johansen, journalist and Juliana Hodkinson, composer
- Juliana Hodkinson, composer
The conference is part of a collaboration between the Nordic Culture Fund and the Council of Nordic Composers focusing on the conditions for composers and contemporary music in the Nordic countries.